10th February 2021
Perfect pancakes to make at home
Pancake Day is something to look forward to and this year why not be bolder with your toppings and try something new? If you're normally a fan of the sweet pancake, try something savoury like ricotta and spinach. Follow our simple but tasty recipe.
- 125g sieved plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 300ml full-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon of honey or golden syrup
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ a vanilla pod (or 1tsp of vanilla essence if you don't have a pod)
- Add the vanilla pod, honey/golden syrup and eggs to a large bowl and whisk together.
- Add the flour, sugar and salt to the bowl.
- Add 100ml of milk to the bowl and whisk all the ingredients together.
- Once smooth, gradually add the remaining milk and continue to whisk.
Note: Getting the batter smooth before adding the rest of the milk is the key to making your pancakes light and thin.
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan and spray with oil spray for an even coating.
- Let the pan heat up a little more, lift the pan and add the batter with a ladle, swirling the pan to thinly coat the base of the pan with batter.
- Return the pan to the heat and cook for 1-1½ minutes, at which time you can then flip your pancake.
- You can try the fun way or use a spatula.
- Cook for a further 1-1½ minutes, then turn out onto a plate.
- Repeat this process until all the batter is used.
Top savoury suggestions:
- Chargrilled vegetables with pepper (you can even add a few spices to the batter mix)
- Goats cheese and rosemary
- Poached eggs and smoked salmon
- Ham and cheese (classic and simple)
Top sweet suggestions:
- Lemon and sugar (of course!)
- Nutella and strawberries
- Maple syrup and bacon bits (very American!)
Whatever topping or filling you choose, we wish you Bon Appetit!
Read more on our blog
Keep up to date with everything going on at our restaurant.